Logistikas as a company
Logistikas Ltd is a logistics company established in 1997. The private equity investment company Sievi Capital acquired the majority of the shares in Logistikas companies in the autumn of 2020. The transaction established the Logistikas Group, which consists of Logistikas Palvelut Ltd and Logistikas Hankinta Ltd.
The Group employs about 170 logistics professionals. We currently operate in six locations, both in our own logistics centers (80,000 m2) and at customers' premises, responsible for internal logistics tasks. In 2019, our turnover was EUR 21 million.
We provide our customers with competitive edge through comprehensive logistics management. The logistics service package includes local logistics, in-house logistics, and immediate-proximity warehousing services. In addition we provide consultation and procurement services. We offer our customers opportunities to focus on their core business by leaving logistics to professionals. We are able to promise our customers a relaxed feeling, because, with us, their logistics operations are in responsible hands. As our slogan puts it, we offer – Solutions for easy management.
Logistikas is also a registered trademark of our company. In ancient Roman, Greek and Byzantine armies, logistikas was an important officer in charge of their cash flow and maintenance. The significance of systematic management of material flows for success was understood already then. Our trademark is visible in our marketing, at our outlets, in our employees work apparel, and generally where people who are part of the Logistikas concept work.
- Logistikas Ltd founded in 1997
- Logistikas Group was founded in 2020, consists of Logistikas Palvelut Ltd and Logistikas Hankinta Ltd
- Turnover in 2019 around €21 million
- Personnel numbering about 170
- Largest owner is Sievi Capital Plc with two private owners
- Warehousing floor area of 80,000 sq. m., with 2/3 of this heated
- Profit centers located in Rauma, Olkiluoto, Nokia, Suolahti, Jyväskylä, and Pori
- 100,000 sq. m. of storage area in the open
- 50 forklift trucks with a lifting capacity of up to 40 tons
- Modern and advanced information system with hand-held and truck-mounted terminals.